Fourth's mission is to enable the members of Fourth Presbyterian to participate in the mission of Jesus Christ, serving Christ in the world and witnessing our faith.
Fourth is a missional church that lives the gospel of reconciliation, cares for all of God’s creation, and serves Christ in all people, especially those who suffer, struggle, and doubt, proclaiming with hope the kingdom of God.
Our model of mission is built on our eagerness to participate in the work God is already doing in our world. It is our great joy to seek Christ and join him in ministering to those in need. In return, we often find ourselves opened up to new depths of love and understanding.
To effectively fulfill our missional calling in our community and world, we will strive to ensure that our partner organizations hold with us in common the following principles:
- Organizational structures focused on asset-based community development, which transform individuals and communities by empowering them to utilize their God-given gifts, assets, and potential for growth
- Implementation of indigenous leadership, with decision-making power residing with the communities being served
- Working toward sustainable change to ensure that support does not cause indefinite dependency
- Assuming a posture of humility while building relationships based on solidarity and mutual growth
- Have a point of connection and/or engagement with at least one member of Fourth Presbyterian Church